The International Summer School of Photography 2011 presents a selection of their final works as produced in Kuldīga, Latvia, 6-14 August 2011.
ISSP offers a range of thematic workshops led by photography professionals of international standing, in a setting that makes close interaction between the students and the staff an integral part of the event.
The main objective of each participant during ISSP is to create a coherent body of individual photographic work under the guidance of their workshop teacher. Each student must produce a set of prints for the gala exhibition and a complete project for digital presentation.
ISSP 2011 hosted six thematic workshops for 71 participants from 22 countries, 5 continents:
1. Michael Ackerman - “Personal documentary: Interior”
2. Marcos Lopez - “Kuldīga in Pop Latino”
3. Claudine Doury - “Creative documentary: Using reality to create personal fiction”
4. Arno Rafael Minkkinen - “WHO ELSE AM I”
5. David Bate - “Still Life as Critical Aesthetics”
6. Vanessa Winship and George Georgiou - “Visual narratives: European Borderlines"
From 20 October 2011, a selection of works will be exhibited in Riga. See www.issp.lv or the clip below for a complete gallery of all participants.